Saturday, 22 September 2007

Christmas in September!

I'm really enjoying playing with the Home for the Holidays set from My Favorite Things (in stock at Mill House Crafts). I wanted to use the tree to make 2 completely different cards but both involved a masking technique.

I really like how this turned out and my new ribbon from Mayarts matched perfectly! Designer paper is from Stampin' Up who are due to arrive in UK in November apparently.
Snowflake, little star and Peace are by MFT too.
First I inked the bground with Brilliance ice blue pearlescent and then I stippled the edges with Jumbo Java. Faux stitching worked a treat. I didn't measure, I just pierced and added lines with my Staedtler fine writer in brown. Yellow stickle for the star.
Same tree but masked and stamped repeatedly. I coloured the trees using Marvy pens and aqua brush. The snowy background on the red card is from Sunday International (Mill House) and I used Opalite inks. The tree decorations are in the MFT set too! I tore 2 strips of white card and raised them on foam tape to add dimension and added crystal stickle. Ribbons from Mayarts just arrived!
Keep watching for more ideas from MFT and others. Once my Cornish Heritage Farms stamps arrive you'll know!!!

6 comments:

Etha said...

Mandy both cards are absolutely beautiful!! love your masking and the way you used the tree, just great!! thanks for sharing.

Angelnorth said...

Both great Mandy but I especially love the deceptive simplicity of the top one - lovely!

Flossie's Follies said...

Great cards, and a belated congratulations on being selected as a member of CHF design team.

Silvergirl said...

I love both of your cards, Mandy! I think the designs are stellar and the glitter a perfect touch on the snow!

Thanks for sharing!
Lise

A. Sanborn said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful Mandy. Like your decorated Christmas tree within the tree lot!

TFS,
Anne :)

Abbie said...

The snow looks good with the glitter on it!