Saturday, 29 September 2007

Prego girls!!

I got my new MFT "She's having a baby" set and I wanted to try 2 different looks with the same image and using a paper piecing technique. My starting point was cool black retro style paper by Junkitz from their salsa range. I usually see this set used in pastels and I wanted a stronger look. This one used a grey metallic card with Stampin' Up' "Seeing spots" as a background with Opalite ink. The gorgeous ribbons and stamp set are now in stock at Millhouse Crafts.
The image and 'precious' are from the same set.
I livened this one up a little by colouring the border and toys with bright Staedtler pens. The top stripey paper is Junkitz salsa and the bright pink and yellow is by Scrappy Cats. I overstamped both with Versafine onyx using a circle design from Stampin up. (Seeing spots). Swell news is from the MFT set. Just 3 shiny black brads to finish.

7 comments:

Abbie said...

I like all the bright colours on this one mummy! I think you should give it to Tereasa!?

Alli Miles said...

I absolutely LOVE how her belly is enhanced by the circle in the second card! The circle of life. Just brillant.

Etha said...

Those cards are just wonderful! Can you explain a bit more how you pieced it? Did you stamp the girl onto the patterned paper, cut out the arm? It looks awfully skinny to cut out ;)

My Paper World said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the halloween card aswell, that little hanging spider and the Eek! how cute!

mimihas5 said...

Both of your cards awesome Mandi.It certainly would be very difficult for me to pick a favorite one.:)

Mary

A. Sanborn said...

Beautiful cards you've designed using the MFT stamps Mandy. Honestly love them both. *wink*

A :)

Melissa said...

Gorgeous cards Mandy! I love the colours, very fun!!