Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Yeah Baby!!

Well - this is my very FIRST blog! I'm totally green and learning as I go. Any tips or "things to avoid" advice are very much welcomed . The learning curve will be really steep!! My wonderful friend Wendy is now proud Mummy to Lucy and loving every minute of it so I thought I would make her some baby thank you cards to go with my other cute pink gifts! I keep seeing teensy weensy clothes and things that I can't resist. My brood are so grown up now........ Still I'm not missing those sleepless nights!



For those who might be interested, I used the cute giraffe from 'Bundle of Joy' SU and punched with my oval scallop. I first stamped in onyx black (Versafine) then coloured the image quite roughly with a pink Marvy pen to match my card and softened it with my aqua painter. It's quite effective to just go outside the lines to soften the image.
I strengthened the colour on the giraffe's spots to intensify them. I was doing 12 so I punched them and painted them all at the same time. Dotty black organza from Mayarts and pink grosgrain from SU. You can't see it here but I used the swirly stamp from the Bundle of Joy set inside the card in black which got me thinking about a pierced image on a rather bare part at the top of the front of the card. I used the Lasting Impression piercing guide at the top of each card to add a little more interest. I then attached the ovals with dimensionals and finally added fruit punch stickle to highlight the giraffe's spots. My lovely new baby set from "My Favorite Things" http://www.mftstamps.com/home/homepage.html arrived and I used the 'special delivery' stamp to liven up the pink envelopes.

Here is another little sample so the boys don't feel left out!




14 comments:

A. Sanborn said...

What an honor to be able to leave you your first comment! How ADORABLE are your lil' baby cards Mandy! Love the piercing detail on your pink card and the wonderful sentiment around the button. *wink*

I don't currently have this set, HOWEVER it's on my wishlist along with the other set that has the darling hippo! lol...

You did it... way to go! Now we must work on our CHF Sistah Dawn. *wink*

Hugs,
Anne :)

Etha said...

How cute!! love that little giraffe. Yes baby 'things" are just as tempting as the little ones themselves...hehe. This grandma to be has resisted the urge to buy things so far, only 4 more months though!
Way to go with your blog, terrific!! Got you on my blogroll!

Silvergirl said...

Hi Mandy!!!

I'm so excited that you have a blog! I love to keep up with my friends this way. I'll add you to my blogroll and google reader. It's a great way to keep in touch.

Your cards are amazing... simple and sweet. I have this set, so I'll have to try that layout.

Congrats!!! Lovin' it!
Lise

Tami said...

Awesome job! So glad you joined the blogoger world.

Alli Miles said...

Welcome to the blogging world Mandy! I can hardly wait to link you from my site. You are an amazing artist and I am sure those out in blogging land will soon be stopping by to see your latest designs.
Congrats again and keep up those awesome cards.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Congratulations on your new blog! Love these cards. Looking forward to seeing more!

Dawn said...

way to go Mandy!!

Lori Craig said...

Woo-Hoo you are blogging now! Wonderful!! Looking forward to it, Mandy!

mimihas5 said...

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to the wonderful land of blogging. :) I love both of your cards. Your extra touches make them so special. I have this st but have not had time to use it yet.

Mary

Abbie said...

I love those card but I especially loke the little button on the boy card! I think Wendy loved them too! haha! xx

Anonymous said...

I love your cards.

alex.aldham@hotmail.co.uk

Scrap Fully Yours said...

Very cute cards, love them!
Linda
lndareed@netscape.net

Anonymous said...

Love your designs!
Thanks for some great ideas!
Patty

turx@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

This set is so adorable, I can see many possibilities!
Joan F
jfleischer8@comcast.net