Thursday, 18 October 2007

Poppies for remembrance


I have been waiting since the 11th September for a very special order from Cornish Heritage Farms and yesterday was THE BEST DAY!!!! I paid the Customs fee and they were MINE!! ALL MINE!!
"Poppies" is a beautiful stamp and I had fun colouring it with my Prismacolour pencils. There is a sketch challenge on at Splitcoaststampers this week, SC146 and this fitted the bill. The corners are punched with Stampin' Up's ticket corner and the scallops are created with Stampin' Up's corner rounder with the guard removed.
One of my favourite stamps in the delivery was the gingham backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms and the sentiment is from them too. (Inked here with Brilliance pearlescent poppy).
It's hard to tell from this photo but the poppy centres are micro black beads (that rolled EVERYWHERE!!).

3 comments:

Silvergirl said...

Mandy! This is STUNNING! I love all the details. I'm so glad your stamps finally arrived. I love all that you are creating!

From your #1 Fan!
Lisa

Flossie's Follies said...

Lovely card, the flower is stunning, love that gingham background

Ashley Bowen said...

OMG! I love this so much!! The flowers are AWESOME!!! TFS! Hugs! Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com