Friday, 12 October 2007

Santa - I believe!!

I love this Santa from the newly released 'Believe' set by Papertrey Ink.


This one is coloured with Prismacolour pencils and cut out. I mounted it with foam tape onto a green circle and then a white circle which I doodled with red swirls. The scallop circle in red was pierced and dotted with Sakura white souffle pen and also on the green circle.
Green paper is Lasting Impressions. I decided at the last moment to make Santa into a snowglobe and added a base which held the sentiment nicely. Crystal stickle on background, beard and trim.
Both ribbons by Mayarts. For this one I wanted to get away from the green/red traditional combo and decided on royal blue and gold. I used sterling frost Opalite ink for the stars background and used a Pentel gold metallic pen to dot the star centres. Blue background paper is by Denami. Wired ribbon by Mayarts. Tan grosgrain strip at bottom by Stampin' Up.
I had fun using my Crop-a-dile to set the eyelets. Cuts through thick card like butter and sets silently!

Just so you know, Papertrey Ink do a new release each month on the 15th and you have until 13th the next month to submit your designs for a chance to win "Guest stamper". Check their site for details.

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH MY WORD!!! I CAN'T STAND ANYMORE! Love the blue and gold...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT~!