Saturday, 6 October 2007

Thankful hearts

Whilst we don't celebrate 'Thanksgiving' as such in the U.K. I still love the new Kim Hughes 'Fall Silhouettes' images and sentiments. This is my first attempt with this set and it was inspired by the beautiful olivey green velvet ric rac ribbon from Mayarts. (available at Mill House Crafts).

The shabby chic designer paper by Fancy Pants is aged floral and perfect for what I had in mind. I cut the dp and inked the edges with Jumbo Java.
The top half was inked with a small leaf from the same set in Versamark and although it isn't v. clear from the pic, I pierced around each leaf and light spills through.
The sweet bird and sentiment are from the set.
Punches, scallop oval, SU picture corners.
Inks: Jumbo java, Brilliance rust & olive.
Happy World Card Making Day to you all!
P.S. Do you like my new Watermark for CHF designs? My good friend and Design team mate DawnL kindly offered her assistance as I am technically challenged!! Thanks Dawn!

4 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Mandy, great card and great watermark too!

mimihas5 said...

Yes, I love your new watermark and I *love* your card! It is beautiful.

Mary

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful card! I love the two tone bird.

Silvergirl said...

Beautiful! The designer paper is perfect for this image. And I love your new watermark!

Thanks for sharing, lise