Friday, 9 November 2007

Enjoying the ice......


This cute snowman is from Cornish Heritage Farms and I decided to use him for the sketch challenge SC149 this week on Splitcoaststampers.
I finally received my nestabilities by Spellbinder and I used their Wizard die cutter to cut and emboss. I have the cuttlebug which I love but this is v. sturdy and the plates can withstand lots of cutting. I used the plain rectangle and scalloped rectangles for the main image and scallop squares for the side diamond laid panels.
I coloured him with prismacolour pencils and used orange, turquoise and crystal stickles.
Brads are from Lasting Impressions. Ribbons are from Creative Impressions. If you are in N.Ireland, wizards and nestabilities are due shortly, both ribbons and brads are in stock.

I really like this new solid ribbon which comes in turquoise shown and a lovely apple green. I know there are other ribbon fanatics out there.......

Watch out for more nestability inspired designs. For those not familiar with nestabilities, there are approx 6 dies to each set and they come in plain square, rectangle, oval, circle and star and scalloped versions of the square, rectangle, circle and oval. They are fantastic for layering up perfectly without owning about 50 punches to do the job.
Great if you have a run of cards to do for a wedding for example.

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Your snowman is awesome, love your coloring and all that wonderful paper, great card.

My Paper World said...

This is gorgeous, Love your cute skating snowman!