Sunday, 25 November 2007

Faux stitching!

Over on the forum at Cornish Heritage Farms, we were having a chat about stitching with the Janome mini sewing machine (which I love!) and also faux stitching which is pretty effective. There are a few templates on the market you can use as a guide - I know Stampin' Up (now in the UK) have a template and Lasting Impressions do a little metal one. You can probably tell from my pic that I just went right ahead and pierced the holes without a template, ruler etc. If you're a stickler for accuracy get a template. I quite like the hand stitched look.
I just pierced wholes around the red panel and joined each of the holes with a white Sakura souffle pen which dries a lovely bright white and looks good on dark coloured card. I love dotty papers and ribbons and now I have a favourite dotty background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. The snowman is their "Enjoy the ice" snowman which you've seen me use before and I've coloured him with Prismacolour pencils and stickled him to finish.
I'm burning the midnight oil just to get this post up but alas, my eyelids are heavy.......

Tomorrow, I'll share my set of thank you cards for my new great niece Phoebe!!!

3 comments:

Silvergirl said...

I LOVE your faux stitching, Mandy! I'm stalking the post for my new Janome... then I can try the real stitching with you.

Thanks for sharing - your card is adorable!
lise

Helen & Co. said...

Great card! Tanks for the hints!

Anonymous said...

I really love this card! The colors go really well! Abbie xx