Friday, 23 November 2007

What's cluckin'?


I love this Mr Rooster image from Cornish Heritage Farms - he is so fun to colour and I have seen great examples of him paper pieced too. ( I must try and that and share with you). You may already know but if not, CHF have the most fantastic range of backgrounders that I know of and the quality is second to none with deeply etched rubber. They come mounted and unmounted but I personally use the unmounted with a large acrylic block. This card shows the tree backgrounder and chicken wire. One stamp covers a regular size card.
I coloured him with Copics and his tail is sparkling with Copic Spica glitter pens. (hoping to have those soon at Mill House Crafts!)
The nestabilities were put to use again for that lovely scalloped square which was punched with my Japanese screw punch. (These are £24.99 at my shop and come with 5 different sized heads).

I'll be back tomorrow to show an example with some faux stitching!

2 comments:

The Lucky Clucker said...

Woo hoo!..... I am luvin' this card....we live on a chicken farm and I gather eggs all day....beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

This card is really cool! Abbie