Sunday, 2 December 2007

Simple watercolours

Well, we had fun at the CHF Lisa birthday party yesterday and everyone worked really hard from 10am to 10pm participating in the various challenges. I even managed to squeeze some in.

Etha challenged us to use ink from ink pads as our colour medium and water brush.
Using a flower from Silhouette Blooms I by Kim Huges (CHF) I used an ordinary paintbrush to apply pinks, greens and browns to the stamp and then I misted it with water and stamped.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

Without re-inking I water spritzed again and see below for a softer look
Now I know you are all saying but what about the embossed cards!!!!!!???? How did you do that??

Check out Nichole Heady's embossing with nestabilities tutorial on her blog.
This is a really effective way of adding to your card with not too much effort.

Now remember these challenges were completed in a short space of time!!! Remember that when I share some of my creations over the next few days.
If you can't wait, check out this album at Cornish Heritage Farms to see everyone's hard work.

5 comments:

Allison said...

These are beautiful and elegant!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

BEAUTIFUL! I tell you, this is fab darling!

Angelnorth said...

Just how much fun is that penguin card?! Love it!

Thanks for sharing how you inked up for the watercolour challenge, I'd been wondering how you got the colour onto a stamp as detailed as that flower sprig - gorgeous result!

Joan said...

I just posted a link on my blog to these cards. They are rockin!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous cards!