Friday, 11 January 2008

CPS ~ Card Positioning Systems

If you've not visited this site - where have you been?? Only joking as this is only my first time participating in one of their sketch challenges. I've lurked around this site for some time but finally decided to try a challenge.

Go to CPS and see their latest sketch no. 46 Part 1. (intriguing as to what Part 2 might be.........hmmm.) Be inspired by Tami Mayberry's fab January design. Tami is a fellow design team member at Cornish Heritage Farms and is a v. talented lady.


Kim Hughes, Melissa Phillips and Linda Beeson have 3 beautiful designs showing that can't help but motivate you!

Here's my effort!
Again, this isn't my normal style but I vowed this year to experiment - you never know I might just like it!
Base card was basic white cardstock inked with Adirondack latte and canvas backgrounder by CHF. I then overstamped this with Adirondack meadow and climbing floral backgrounder.
I absolutely LOVE CHF's backgrounders and a large variety are in stock at Mill House Crafts with many more on the way. ( My order was last sighted at L.A. - so fingers crossed xx)

Now for the science part !! I drew round a side plate for the curve and cut out Fancy Pants "Beautify" paper from the Fancy-free collection. This is double sided so the blossom is one side and the green is the other. I actually assembled 2 cut out pieces to make one large blossom and then curved the petals outward.
"Hugs" is from "Scripty words" designed by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage farms.
I highlighted the little green thingys on the blossom and the sentiment with Copic Spica glitter pen in melon.

Why not try it too?? Or perhaps this week's sketch challenge 158 over at Splitcoaststampers.
I'm doing this one too so I'll try and post that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Love the colours you have used and your interpretation of this sketch.

Julie Campbell said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors and that flower is perfection!