Thursday, 10 January 2008

Going round in circles

Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long but my holidays just seemed to become extended and I spent last weekend in Glasgow but I've finally got my finger out and started creating again.

As you can see this is a very different card for me but I wanted to try something new. I apologise for the sombre tone of a sympathy card but you could use any sentiment in this layout.


The papers are all BasicGrey, Pheobe range.
Nestabilities and circle punches used alot!!
Prima flowers.
Buttons from a craft fair and brown linen thread.
Apple organdy by Creative Impressions.
STAMPS ~ Climbing floral background is by CHF and stamped in the lime section from Brilliance peacock pad.
"With Sympathy" is by CHF from Kim Hughes' Silhouette Blooms set.

I can't believe I haven't coloured anything or added glitter or bling - AMAZING!! I guess my next card will need some sparkle or I'll be having withdrawal symptoms.


7 comments:

Mary Duffek said...

Yeah!!! Welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Lovey your card! Wow! The colors are perfect and love the layout with the circles! Very nice!

Dawn said...

love it Mandy!

Lori Craig said...

Hmmmm, well, WELCOME BACK!! This sure is a beautiful way to start the new year! LOVE IT!

Flossie's Follies said...

Glad to see you back, this card is lovely, Glasgow, was there many years ago, fell in love with the city.

Silvergirl said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! Send it in, girlie!!! It's sure to get picked!

Hugs,
lise

Julie Campbell said...

Mmmm! Another gorgeous card! I LOVE the button on the left and how the sentiment curves around it. Very striking!

Julia Stainton said...

Gorgeous Mandy! Love those circles and alyout!