Sunday, 13 January 2008

Kick stand challenge

As mentioned in my last post, Splitcoaststampers had a card sketch challenge on Weds incorporating a kick stand. For us in the UK we are maybe not so familiar with this website but basically you can join free of charge and post images of your work as long as it uses stamps. Other members can comment on your work and you can comment on theirs.

You have access to a huge gallery of work from all over the world and brilliant tutorials and techniques pages. You can sign up for their "Weekly inklings" which are emailed to you and provide details of the challenges for the week ahead which could be colour, sketch layout, limited supplies etc.

Even if you don't want to join, you can still view the gallery and forums on the site.

So, back to my original reason for posting. I participated in the Weds card sketch challenge 158, hosted by the wonderful Roxie. This is her card sketch. You can go to the Splitcoaststampers gallery and search SC158 to see who participated in the challenge and view their creations.

I didn't follow the plan strictly (forgive me Roxie!) as I haven't added a second panel but I wanted to use Bossy the cow's legs as the kickstand.


I had a leftover scalloped circle cut with my nestabilities lying on my desk that served as a cloud when I sponged on the Adirondack aqua. I can be lazy and just want to use what is lying around rather than spend 30mins searching for the perfect item.

"Smile" is from a great set by Kim Hughes for CHF, "Scripty words", stamped in Brilliance Graphite black.
Bossy (from CHF) is coloured with Prismacolour pencils.
Prima flower and lime stickle.
The little scrap of paper is Fancy Pants, Beautify which is a lovely double sided paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this cute little cow she is so funny! xx Abbie

Lori Craig said...

how stinkin' cute... :)