Saturday, 26 January 2008

Stazon ~ acetate

I played around with this card for ages and this was the final result. I toyed with not showing you the first draft as I really don't like it but I thought we all have days where the cards just won't do what we have in our heads so I thought I would show how I saved a "mistake".
(To be honest my eldest daughter came in and said "I don't like that big ribbon down the left hand side!") and I promptly whipped it out!

I even got out my sewing machine and now when I look at the finished card I can barely see any of the stitching!!!


The first draft. Yuck!!


Stamps:
-Silhouette Blooms I (The Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Cute Curls (The Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
-Jet Black Stazon, White Stazon, Royal purple Stazon by Tsukineko

Cardstock:
-Classic purple and Stormy light by Prism Papers
White cardstock and black cardstock.

Tools:
-sewing machine
-slit punch by Stampin up.
-Scalloped scissors by Fiskars

Accessories:
-flower by Prima Marketing
-button unknown source
-purple metallic brads by Dovecraft
-Black grosgrain, purple organza, dotty organza by Mayarts

3 comments:

Marlou said...

this is beautiful Amanda :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet....Love everything about this!!!

leann said...

Thanks for the comment :)
Very glad you did discover me because now I've discovered you too ~ you're work is gorgeous!