Friday, 18 January 2008

You're the cat's pyjamas!


I love this cute cat from the "Cutie Pet-tootie" set designed by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms. He normally looks like this..........


I decided I didn't want him naked as I wanted to handwrite "You're the cat's pyjamas" as a sentiment. Using my Copic fine liner (doesn't bleed when colouring with copics) I drew on some groovy pjs and added little heart and pockets.

I coloured the whole image with Copics and added some clear Copic spica glitter pen.
Oh, and I had pre-embossed the square with my nestabilities before stamping the cat. Some people ask should you stamp first or after?? I do both.

It is best if you are organised and have nestabilites cut out before stamping but sometimes you decide to use nestabilities after you have the image coloured and ready. Now, this is ok if your Wizard holds the paper in place and doesn't move OR all your hard work could be lost. I minimise this by using a thin magnetic layer that holds the nestie in place.

Here's a sneak peek inside!!! This little mousey is from the same set and there is a little piece of cheese too.

9 comments:

Wife2TJ said...

This is so cute. You did amazing job on the coloring and your handwriting is so nice! TFS!!!

Kim Hughes said...

what a darling card :)

Marlou said...

hi there, I am loving your cards they are beautiful!!! I live in Northern Ireland & my friend and I go crafty shopping quite a bit, we were thinking of heading to your shop sometime, do you sell copics??
:)

Melissa said...

Oh wow, this is so cute! Great job adding the PJs :)

Silvergirl said...

I love this!!! SO darling! And I would agree... you ARE the cat's pjs!

hugs,
lise

A. Sanborn said...

This is just the bees knees, Mandy! LOVE your creative genius!

Hugs :)

mimihas5 said...

Your card is adorable. I love how you gave him some clothes. Cute! cute! cute!

Mary

mimihas5 said...

PS. I forgot to mention that I have tagged you. :)

Mary

you have been tagged!
Here are the rules: • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them. • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. • Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

chelemom said...

So cute!!!