Thursday, 3 April 2008

Dotty doggies!

Allison over at "Stampin when I can" had another challenge which I'm a bit late in playing along with but here goes anyway!!

It is AFSS11 Dotty - here are her suggestions.
  • Use polka dotted stamps or DP.
  • Add some dots with a gel pen. For some inspiration, visit the queen of the gel pen, Faith.
  • Pierce...that's a dot, right?
  • Pull out a dotty embossing folder or template.

This is one of my favourite sets "Let's go for a walk" by My Favorite Things. The open circle background and sentiment is in the same set too and I thought there were definitely enough dots to participate in Allison's challenge.

The corner is from another of their background sets.
It's not very clear from the photo but I used dewdrops (island blossom) on some of the circles. If you visit Mill House Crafts, the dewdrops are due in stock soon as are the new Hanna stamps and latest from My Favorite Things.

I sewed a line of stitches along the ribbon and pulled the thread to ruffle it slightly.
All coloured with my fav copics and a little sparkle on the dress and party hats.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I finally made it back here...my browser has been crashing on me all day!

Loving this! The paper piecing is terrific (a great idea for the dots) and that ruffled ribbon is such a nice touch! Thanks for playing with me!