Saturday, 26 April 2008

Laura Ashley inspired.......

I had this idea for a little while to create my own "wallpaper" as such and when I saw this Laura Ashley design, I thought I'd have a go at MY version, creating a card in the process!!!
I know the dirty dozen team over at Splitcoaststampers have been using home design pages for inspiration and I love that we can be inspired by everyday things around us.






I used a blossom and 2 different leaves from a really great floral set by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms called "Bloomin' Beautiful".
Ink : Adirondack in slate. Versamark.
White seafoam embossing powder by Ranger.
White souffle pen by Sakura to highlight leaves.
A muse twinkle stickers.
Wedding wishes by My Favourite Things from their wedding set.
Toner Gray T5 copic pen to dye ivory grosgrain.
YR21 Cream copic pen for flower centres.
Buckle from Hodgepodge Hardware and oval punch by Stampin Up.


This was my first time dying my ribbon with copics and it worked out perfectly. It was also my first time using my hodgepodge which I have been hoarding and can't bear to part with.

8 comments:

Silvergirl said...

Absolutely beautiful! It's a perfect match to the Laura Ashley print! Love it!

So good to see your creations again. I've missed buggin' you! LOL!

lise

Lea L. said...

That card is utterly gorgeous! Wonderful job!

~Lea

Andrea said...

Wow, so great card!

xxAndrea

Debsg said...

That's a lovely card. Love its subtleness.

huntla1 said...

Beautiful card. I love the gray with the yellow. Very pretty. Nice job coming off of the inspiration paper.

asela said...

Mandy all of your artwork is gorgeous!!!

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful card! Wow! Stunning! The layout is perfect. I prefer your card over the inspirational swatch you showed. Have a great week!

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colour combination - and I'm not a yellow person!