Friday, 25 April 2008

Sweet nestability!!!

I remember quite some time ago seeing a beautiful baby dress created from a scalloped circle using a nestability die so I thought I'd have a try at my version.
I love the little collar and dinky bow and only one word sprang to mind "sweet" when I was thinking of a suitable sentiment. This would be perfect for the birth of a baby girl or just a cute card for any little girl.
It also fits well with Splitcoaststampers "Ways to use it" challenge this week. Use scissors, challenge WT163. I used the scissors to form the dress, collar and cuffs.


Designer paper - Fancy pants, English Rose
Cuttlebug "Swiss dots" embossing folder.
Class scalloped circle nestability (sm).
Eyelets and crop-a-dile to set them.
Janome mini sewing machine.
Light pink dewdrops.
Ribbons by Mayarts.
Scoreboard for embossed lines.
Corner rounder, ticket corner and circle punches from Stampin Up.
"Sweet" stamp by Stampin Up from their "SO VERY" set.

(Edited to add - I managed to track down the original that inspired me! It is by the VERY talented Sharon Harnist who is so good she designs for Spellbinders, Copics, Lockhart Stamps......etc. etc.)
Her design can be viewed HERE!
Check out her blog Paper Fections and prepare to be WOWED!!!

I started by cutting 2 of the largest classic scalloped circle (sm) by Spellbingers. I used double sided designer paper from Fancy Pants, English Rose. Using a pencil I decided where the arms should be and used a ruler to make sure it was symmetrical. You could use the petite scalloped circle if you want more scallops, i.e. more frills on your dress!
I used a circle punch for the neck area and scissors to cut the sleeves.

I cut out the dress and trimmed the collar, cuffs and skirt with the reverse side, raspberry coloured design.

6 comments:

broni (waterchild12) said...

This is just adorable! I love the floral paper and the tiny bow and Dew Drop buttons! And the swiss dot CB'd layer and rounded corners are just perfect! What a great card!!!

StamperSharon said...

Gorgeous, Mandy -- I love the little Peter Pan collar you made and all the ribbon detail!

Mary Duffek said...

OMGoodness! That is too cute! Love it! The little ribbon is my fav. touch!

Mel M. M. M. said...

This is so beautiful! Love your colours and all your sweet details, :0) mel

Mel said...

This is so pretty and very cute :0)

Kristine said...

SOOOO PRETTY! :D