Saturday, 28 June 2008

Bloomin' Beautiful!

This was my first inking of this flower pot from the Stampin up set "Bloomin Beautiful" available in the U.S from their occasions mini collection 2008.

It is perfect for letting me play with my copics and for experimenting with my new air compressor using my Copic airbrushing system. My ABS1 system is ok to use with Copic air cans BUT the hose and connector did not fit my new compressor.

I discovered my hubby does have his uses!!! and being a plumber he was able to get me the right fitting connectors and tubing and now I'm in action!!

Rox on Splitcoaststampers had a sketch challenge this week, SC182 and this design fits nicely. I coloured the main image with copics and after masking off the pot, I stamped an oval shadow using A muse oval clear stamps. I then experimented by airbrushing mimosa yellow copic and pink copic and I'm happy with how it turned out for my first time. I'll try and photograph steps next time for anyone interested in learning more about airbrushing.

Both ribbons are by Mayarts.
Pale pink liquid pearls for flower centres.
Designer paper by Hot off the press.
Nestabilities by Spellbinders.
Ranger inksentials white pen.

Close up!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

This is a really cute card!!

Rosanne said...

What a gorgeous card, love all the detail!

Laurie in MN said...

I went down the page. Love the vase card with the white centers and the background inchies.
The silly frogs stamp croaks me up. I had to say it.
The name frames turned out great.
All your work was enjoyable. I like how the resist technique looks on cards. The white pen lines add that something special.

Laurie in MN said...

I'm back. Those frogs, I can't help but laugh everytime I look at that card.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

G
O
R
G
E
O
U
S
!
!
!