Thursday, 12 June 2008

Some for the Daddies!

I love this set "Let's hear it for the boys" from My Favorite Things and it is perfect for Father's Day or male Birthdays. My daughter Abbie (11yrs) and I had fun together colouring and you can see her designs further down. She has a great knack with Copics and a good eye for picking out designer papers and co-ordinating cardstock. I really love turquoise and orange as it is so bright and cheery.

Sentiment is from A muse as is the dotty orange paper. Wide ribbon from Mayarts.
Coloured with Copics. Swiss dots cuttlebug folder. Corner rounder punch.

The dotty designer paper here is by Scrappy Cats.


Now here are a few by Abbie - didn't she do well?? I think the one with the little beer bottle in the corner is a tribute to her Daddy as he loves to recline and have a beer watching Liverpool play.

She was inspired by my first design and tweaked it to suit her fav. dotty paper.


There's still time to get those Father's Day cards done and I hope we've given you a few ideas!!

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Amanda I love your coloring, love your cards.

Rene' Sharp said...

Lovely Fathers Day cards, Amanda. So nice that you can create with your daughter. Don't think I am going to get to do such a thing, I have 3 sons!! Your daughter is definitely very artistic. Tell her "great job". Great to see you back.

chelemom said...

Adorable cards! I can't believe your daughter colored those! She is better than me with those Copics! : )

Mel said...

Fab father's day cards

Rene' Sharp said...

Hi Amanda. Thanks so much for replying to my comment. I am new to this blogging thing, and it can get a bit demoralising when you constantly see " 0 comments". Keep going with the running!! That is exactly how it was for me when I started, don't give up. Just keep going, your legs will get stronger and your breathing will get easier, and before you know it you will be a runner. The health benefits are so worth it! Would love to hear about your progress.