Monday, 23 June 2008

Teacher gifts!

It's that time of year again - wracking our brains to give teachers a gift, hopefully original and something they'll appreciate. My kids have fantastic teachers and they will truly miss them as they move to their next class.
My 3 children are at primary school (ages 6, 9 and 11). My eldest daughter is leaving primary school this year and will go to "Big" school in September. She gave her teacher a nameframe last year so we've opted for book tokens this year BUT my other 2 children's teachers don't have nameframes so that's what we did!

Ben loves his P2 teacher Miss Tannahill and this nameframe is especially for her.




This nameframe is for Annie's teacher Miss Graham who she'll miss very much.



Both nameframes use A muse stitched alphabet letters. Sentiment "for a special teacher" is Amuse also. The designer papers on both frames is from Stampin' up.

Stamps: "Kids at play" from Stampin up. This set is long retired and I bought it second hand on ebay but it is one of my favs and brilliant for school themed nameframes. All coloured with copics. SU scallop circle punch, small oval and large oval punches. Prima flowers and liquid pearls.

This is the thank you card to accompany this frame.

Leaf backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms and alphabet by Hero arts. Little girl is from the same Kids at play SU set. Ric rac by Mayarts.


This is Ben's thank you card for Miss Tannahill. I didn't have a heart balloon stamp to hold this sentiment from My Favorite Things so I used a Copic pen fineliner to draw the balloon by hand around the sentiment.

Cuttlebug embossing folder for card. Designer paper from SU. Little boy from Kids at play by SU. Ric rac by Mayarts. Thread from Lasting Impressions.



2 comments:

Lisbet said...

Awake in the night and cannot sleep. Decided to get some inspiration for the week so I began to jump around on blogs to see if my eye can catch some new ways. I´m really happy that I came across your blog and I have stayed much longer then I should at your place. Thanks a million for all the inspiration.


www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Rene' Sharp said...

Love these 2 cards Amanda, especially the one with the little boy on it, it is definitely going to be one I would like to copy. Hope you are having a great weekend. We have just moved into our new house so the whole place is upside down. I am just having a little time-out and a cup of tea. Back to unpacking shortly!