Saturday, 26 July 2008

I'm back!!

Well we've had a busy couple of weeks recently. The kids finished school on 27th June for a 9 week break. I think N.Ireland has the longest Summer break in the UK and yet the education on offer and qualifications obtained by students are of an extremely high standard so no argument that the holidays are too long unfortunately!!!!

We took the children for a break to Newcastle, N.Ireland and amongst other things we got lost in the maze at Castlewellan Forest Park! We had a fun sunny day out and finished off with fish and chips from nearby Kilkeel. Scrummy!
Look at the lovely view of the mountains of Mourne in the background.


Here's Abbie and her Dad after sucessfully escaping from the maze!

This is a picture of Ben enjoying a day out at "Exploris" an aquarium and sea sanctuary in Portaferry where they saw many rescued seal pups being cared for until their release back to the sea.

The centre had an area where the kids were able to do brass rubbings - never missing an opportunity to do some crafting!!! Here's Annie in a creative moment.

After a fantastic week which I didn't think could get much better, we had a kids free weekend in Glasgow! The food and shopping was great but the highlight was the Michael Buble concert. He did a fantastic performance and had everyone laughing throughout. I can't wait to go see him again.


I did do a little bit of crafting before I left so I'll do a separate post with a new card really soon.

2 comments:

Rene' Sharp said...

Looks like you had a lovely break. Welcome back. You have a gorgeous family!

Tracy said...

Oh I am so jealous!!! I am a huge Michael Buble fan! He was here a few months ago but I couldn't afford to go- his tickets were so expensive. I hope you had a lovely vacation.