Thursday, 10 July 2008

More airbrushing!

This is my new 'baby'. A fairly small low noise compressor that I got from airbrushpro in England. I have the Copic ABS1 system which doesn't fit directly to it so my hubby came up with a connector and some tubing from his plumbing supplies.

I've chosen another Tim Allen, Friendly Kritters stamp, "Friends don't mind" from Cornish Heritage Farms to illustrate a cloud effect. I loaded the copic "gun" with Frost blue, chisel end, and using an oval scallop nestability as a mask I sprayed the frost blue gently around the scallops. I chose frost blue as it is light enough so as not to alter the main image and it meant I didn't need to create a mask of the main image.

I then move the scalloped oval around, spraying around the scallops to form more clouds. I keep a few of these scallop cut outs for this job as I use them again and again.

My friend Jill came over today to play with the compressor too so we both coloured the same image but Jill used RV02 layered over the Frost blue and I used YG00 over mine on the right. This softens the blue and ties in better with the finished designs.


Here you can see the variations of different backgrounds.


My finished design.
(Cupcake paper by Fancy pants, A muse ribbon, border punch from Dovecraft, diamond glaze on balloons by Judikins, liquid pearls, stickles and white inkssentials pen by Ranger for highlights)

I achieved this effect on the hedgehog by dotting white inkssentials pen and then dabbing it off with my finger before it had dried so that it wasn't a bright white.

This is Jill's fabulous creation. Same paper by 'Fancy pants but also Cuttlebug embossing folder "swiss dots" and sentiment from Kim Hughes 'Tag, you're it' set for Cornish Heritage Farms.
Punch from SU for corner.

2 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Amanda these cards are out of this world. Congrats to both you and Jill. :)

Anonymous said...

Girls, these are fantastic, very inspirational.