Saturday, 26 July 2008

Sleepy kitten!

This is another one of those ones I coloured a few weeks back and finally created a card with it. I don't usually work this way - I often choose a designer paper and colour my image to co-ordinate/complement the paper and embellishments.

"Sleepy Kitten" is stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms, Friendly Kritters range. I coloured the image with copics and keeping my scallop rectangle nestability in place I airbrushed a very pale blue around the main image, removing the nestability die to have a white border. I then brushed some antique linen over the edges.
The 2 panels in the backgroud are textured using Cuttlebug embossing folders and brushing with antique linen too.
The ribbon is from Amuse. Flowers from Prima marketing. Dewdrops for flower centres. Corner rounder punch on card and panels.

This has a softer colour palette than usual for me but I think it suits the sleepy kitten.

8 comments:

Rene' Sharp said...

This card is so soft & sweet. Perfect for your kitty image!

Rosietoes said...

Absolutely delightful Amanda. Love the airbrushing technique as well. :)

Jessica said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your coloring & airbrushing!

Rach said...

oh my word...this card is fantastic...I love your colouring....I have just bought myself a load of copics...but am going to have to go on a steep learning curve to achieve anything as gorgeous as this...well done. hugs rach.xx

Sandra said...

Hi,Stunning card,the colouring is brilliant,just love it...
Sandra x

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, the layout is fab and the colouring on that beautiful image is stunning
lv Gill x

Kleeblatt said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte ist das geworden. Ein witziges Motiv und super coloriert.

This is a beautiful card. A funny stamp and your colouring is super.

Kleeblatt said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte ist das geworden. Ein witziges Motiv und super coloriert.

This is a beautiful card. A funny stamp and your colouring is super.