Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Pretty Peppermint

I'm sure you know by now that one of my favourite stamp companies is "My Favorite Things" and this is one of their Annie LaPoint images "Peppermint". They also have lavender and chamomile and I think they'd be great for little gift packages of specialty tea or attached to a plant, perhaps as a new home gift tag.


I know a peppermint plant would have green leaves but heck I had a piece of designer paper I needed to use up so you'll forgive me my artistic licence!!

I started with the paper (Scrappy cats) and picked out these colours to start me off.
I then thought I might as well play along with a MFT sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.

Click here for details. If you'd like to play along with a sketch challenge, check out MFTSC42 for this week. I did last week's. (Whoops, YG03 must have flipped!)
MFTSC41


I really enjoyed using my copics to colour this image and the shadows really help the pot to pop. It isn't v. clear but I used Copic spica glitter pen in orange on the flowers and I used Inksentials white pen for the little highlights. ( I love this pen!!)
I cut 2 fine slits either side of the pot and fed some turquoise A muse ribbon to tie around the pot. ........and of course some nestabilites to die cut those wonderful scalloped ovals.


I apologise now for the quality of this photo. It seems to have rained here for about the last 3 days and the light is poor - so rather than delay it any longer I decided to post as is.

Shiny green satin ribbon and gorgeous velvet ric rac are both by Mayarts.
Dotty paper is Scrappy cats and the square panel is actually the reverse side.
Corner rounder by SU for scalloped edge.

5 comments:

Rach said...

Beautiful bright card, love your colouring. hugs rAchxx

Marlou said...

this card turned out beautiful Mandy :) x love the colours!! :)

Karen said...

Mandy, this is just gorgeous! I love your ideas and colours and colouring...in fact, everything!!

Jessica said...

Wow - how beautiful! Your coloring is so beautiful!!

Shirley said...

Simply lovely!