Friday, 22 August 2008

Shabby chic!

This card all started when my friend Jill brought over this cute stamp set by Rachel Hancox and before she disappeared off home with it I stamped it a few times and finally found a little time to make use of them. You can see there are 3 tags you can add to the bouquet which I thought was a neat idea. I did a search online but I can't find a link for this stamp so if anyone knows I'll edit this post.


For this one, I opted for the "happy birthday" tag and a cool pink theme but I'll hopefully post a "wedding day" version with a different colour scheme in the next few days.

For those of you who might be interested in the Copic colours used:
R11, Pale Cherry pink, RV02 Sugared almond pink, RV14, Begonia Pink, RV17, Deep magenta, YG03 Yellow Green and B00, Frost blue.
The white highlights were with my Ranger Inkssentials white opaque pen. (I LOVE IT!)

I then chose this fab double sided paper by Fancy Pants as my background.

Mounted onto pale pink card stock, I added a little green dotted paper and some green stripey ribbon from Mayarts.
I even dragged out my sewing machine for a couple of zig zag lines of stitching! I'm not great at the whole distressed shabby look but I did curl those paper edges!!! LOL!

Do you like those little embossed flowers at the top and bottom ?? (see last pic)
I added white brilliance ink to the embossed flowers with my finger tip.

I think this close up is good for showing off those white highlights.
If you love cuttlebug embossing folders and don't want to cut them into strips for border effects, check out these new narrow border folders. I bought 3 packs and there are 5 designs in each. YUMMY!! You'll obviously see these being used in forthcoming projects on my blog.

6 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this stamp set..if you find out where you can get it, please let me know..I just gotta have it...LOL

Sonya

Marlou said...

stunning card Mandy :) love that stamp!!! and those cuttlebug embossing strips are on my "must have list" {lol} . We have 6 people for the class with you , so one of us will contact you with the date in september, really looking forward to it :) x

Sue Drees said...

Amanda, I just love this card!
I am in love with the cuddlebug
embossing folders.

Thanks for stopping by my brand new blog and leaving a comment.
I was really surprised that someone so far away would take the time to leave a message, I appreciate your comments.
I also saw Michael Buble this summer, he's just so cute in person and what a voice!

Thanks again, have added your blob to my favs, so I can come back and visit often. Your shop looks darling too.

Sue Drees
Buffalo, New York

Mel said...

A wonderful card :0)

Shirley said...

I have all of the twinks and I have been fighting with myself about Copics. Seeing your talent and how you use them is really tempting me.

Jessica said...

Beautiful coloring! You are a Copic master!