Friday, 22 August 2008

Wedding Day!


I know this isn't a very traditional wedding card but who says it can't be different??

This is from the same Rachel Hancox stamp set as yesterday's card but using a different tag on the bouquet. (Still haven't traced a stockist!)

We're invited to a wedding in September but unfortunately we can't make it so I wanted to send a special card with our gift.

Copic colours used: YR21 Cream (my most used pen!), YR09 Cadmium orange,YG00 Mimosa Yellow, Y19 Napoli Yellow, YG95 Pale Olive, G40 Dim Green, R29 Lipstick red.
Ranger Inkssentials white opaque pen.

The lovely background paper is from a large 12 x 12 Brenda Walton pad I've had in my stash for a looong time..... (makes this card eligible for the LSC182 challenge on Splitcoaststampers this week, to use old items you have in your craft stash!)

Gorgeous ribbon is Mayarts.
Can you see a little paper piercing going on in the top left corner - that's my little Ornare corner template used partially.

I think I prefer this one to yesterdays. :)

9 comments:

Rach said...

This is stunning as is your card from yesterday...beautiful colouring. hugs rachxx

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... your coloring really makes this bouquet pop ... and that little tag with a message is adorable too ... and the ribbon ... love it all!

Marlou said...

a gorgeous wedding card Mandy!! I love it :) I tried googling those stamps and I cant seem to trace them either :( beautiful work as always :) x

Shirley said...

Just as lovely as the last one!

Doris said...

Love the way you cut the ribbon to highlight the pointed flowers--beautiful card!

Shelly said...

Stunning card, love the shading/coloring. The ribbon adds a elegant touch too.

Jessica said...

WOWZERS!! Your coloring is beautiful! What a pretty stamp...

rachel hancox designs said...

hello there... my name is rachel and I designed the stamp set you have just used in your beautiful card ! I was just sat at work ( I am an art teacher in perth Australia !!!!! ) and my colleague found your card by accident ... how amazing !!! my mum is the main distributor in the UK and I am presently working on a web site to promote the stamps here in perth as well as in the UK. We have released 6 sets featuring mens, baby, wedding /anniversary, occasions...i.e new home, birthday and of course the bouquet!!! I haven't used this site before so I am not sure if you will receive my email address... if not please leave a message on the blog and I will send you a link !

Thank you again for using the stamp and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Rachel

Cindy Major said...

Your coloring is very impressive! I like the way the ribbon is cut - it matches the flowers in the image!

Cindy