Saturday, 6 September 2008

All for Riley's Wedding!

I know the tune is Mairi's wedding but I tweaked it a little for Riley.
If you don't know the song, the chorus goes like this.

"Step we gaily on we go,
heel and heel
and toe for toe
arm and arm
and row and row
all for Mairi's wedding."

I've had this cute stamp a while and finally inked it up - what took me so long??!!
I think I had weddings in mind as my husband's friend is getting married today and my niece is her friend's bridesmaid today. I couldn't just make a card so I did a little keepsake candle to match. We celebrate our 13th anniversary on the 9th Sep so it must be a popular month!

The stamp is by Hanna Stamps, Riley range and comes wood mounted. I coloured both the candle and the card with Copics. (see final pic for colours used).
Cuttlebug folder (swiss dots) on Lasting impressions cool blue shiny paper. (perfect for dry embossing and especially good for snow scenes).
Nestabilities used again of course!
Stickles, ribbon and heart charm to finish.

I had a candle class recently and one lady made a similar candle and put the bride and groom's names and a little pair of rings on the back which was gorgeous.


Wouldn't this make a nice little gift set for a child to present to the happy couple?

5 comments:

Shirley said...

These are not just beautiful, they are precious. How cute too!

heather said...

aww how sweet! what a great idea with that candle

Marlou said...

awwwwwww, Mandy these are simply adorable!!!!! im sure they will love it, a lovely keepsake to treasure :) x

Mel said...

Love the cute image, I always think a card and candle make such a lovely gift :0)

Doris said...

How sweet (and thoughtful) to have a matching candle!