Tuesday, 30 September 2008

End of Summer?

I did this card a little while ago and meant to post but forgot!!
I think it marks the end of Summer for us here in N. Ireland - long gone are the sunny days that were few and far between! It is pouring down as I write and there are huge puddles everywhere which my 6 yr old son demands I drive through!

I opted for my Prismacolor pencils for this one just to give my Copics a rest. Hehe!
It is soft and subtle and the light coming through the trees was my white pencil.

This stamp is "Perfect Summer's Day" a Thomas Kinkade image from Cornish Heritage Farms.
The backgrounder is theirs too and one of my favs. I inked it with Jumbo Java.
I finished with some little Prima flowers, stickle and a ribbon tab.

Other supplies: Oval punch from SU, eyelet.

7 comments:

Rach said...

ooooo Amanda this is stunning, fabulous image and equally fabulous colouring...wonderful card. hugs rachxx

Shirley said...

I am so glad you remembered, Amanda. This is just gorgeous! The colcrs and those little flowers with bling are just perfect!

Han said...

Beautiful card I love the image and your colouring is amazing I love your blog for inspiration xx

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, this is beautiful! You should frame it :) I'm now following your blog.

Monique H said...

Glad you remembered to post this card, it's stunning! Love the colouring with Prismacolor pencils (one of fave to use), it's so detailed and vibrant! TFS

heather said...

wow gorgeous card! love your colouring and the way you made the light shine through the tree. hehe puddles sure are fun

Jessica said...

How beautiful!! This scene is so pretty and your coloring is perfect as always!!