Thursday, 25 September 2008

Pink cat Christmas


The starting point for this card was the lovely starry paper by Flair designs and a Fiskars snowflake border punch. This image is one of my favs from Pink Cat Studio and is from a set called "Lily & Tweet".

I wanted to limit the colours I used to colour the image and stuck with reds, tans and a little green to add an accent. I'm not at my desk right now but I think I used the following Copic colours. It's very tempting to use lots of colours but I often find the best results are from a limited palette.

Copics: Skin White, Brick beige, pale sepia, cardinal red, cadmium red, olive, black and cool shadow.
It is very subtle but I did airbrush some cool shadow copic around the main panel.

Accessories: Airbrush system. Snowflake punches by EK success and Dovecraft. Ribbon by Mayarts. Liquid applique and my "couldn't be without" white inkssentials pen for highlights from Ranger.
The sentiment inside is from the same unmounted stamp set.

Here's a little pic of a bonus project. Same image but applied to a candle and glittered to death!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh WOW! Your card and candle are fabulous!! Awesome work! The candle turned out so well, I think I'm going to have to give that a try :) I'll add these to my gallery :)

Melissa said...

Oh WOW! Your card and candle are fabulous!! Awesome work! The candle turned out so well, I think I'm going to have to give that a try :) I'll add these to my gallery :)

Tracy Durcan said...

Hi Amanda, I've been perusing all your cards! :) Your work is soooo lovely. I'm glad you came by the Color Throwdown blog because now I can visit your blog for inspiration!! :)

Marlou said...

ooooh this looks familiar Mandy {LOL} loved this card and really enjoyed class last night!! :) your candle is fabulous too :) see you soon, take care :) x

Lynn said...

This is an awesome card and candle set!!!
Your coloring is wonderful and I love all of the glitter!

Kisa Peters said...

Wow! All of your stuff is soo great! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for linking to color throwdown - I love finding new blogs! I will frequent you for sure! : )

BA said...

this card is adorable and the candle is also beautiful!!

Shirley said...

Wow! What a beautiful card and the candle is just so wonderful too! Your cards, etc. are always so pretty. I am so glad I decided to follow you! TFS

bastelzauberin said...

This is so beautiful, I love the colours.

Lg
Silke

broni (waterchild12) said...

This card is so pretty and just downright adorable!! Love it!

Mel said...

Very cute indeed ~ Mel

Rach said...

wow this is fabulous, what a lovely set. hugs rachxx

Gwen said...

this is just so darn cute!!! love everything about it! I have not seen that border punch before...it's perfect :)

Jessica said...

These are so cute!! I love that happy little girl and snowman - how sweet! And, your candle... well, that just ROCKS!! I love all the glitter on everything too.

Cindy Major said...

How cute is this image!!! Love your coloring.

Cindy