Saturday, 13 September 2008

Sleepy Santa!

I don't own v. many Stamps Happen stamps but a friend stamped this out for me and it was really fun to colour. I didn't use my Copics! Shock, horror!! I used my Marvy pens and water brush for this one and it was nice using my old supplies again.

Don't look too closely at his mouth, you'd think he stained his beard whilst eating tomato soup!!
I stamped the image twice and popped the middle square up on dimensionals for a little more depth.

This great sentiment is one of many from a sheet "Christmas Expressions" from the Mona Lisa range at Cornish Heritage Farms.

Some Mayarts stripey grosgrain and stickle and it was done.

8 comments:

Marlou said...

a beautiful card and stamp Mandy :) I just love this shape card that I have started to make some myself that shape :) I see a lot of the American designer blogs using this shape too, its something that wee bit different, :) x

Claire Brennan said...

A really jolly card - lovely!!

Rach said...

gorgeous Amanda, your santa looks so rosy cheeked and jolly. hugs rachxx

Shirley said...

You know, I've seen this stamp and never wanted it until I see what you have done with it. It is just wonderful Amanda!! I love it.

Rene' Sharp said...

This is one of the nicest xmas cards I have ever seen. It will definitely bring lots of smiles to the lucky person who receives it. Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Monique H said...

This stamp really is cute and the sparkling, glittery mustashe just makes it magical! I never think of rounding the the bottom corners of the card, but after seeing yours, I have to start ... it really gives it a nice look!

Sue Drees said...

Amanda, love this Santa! I have a collection of Santa stamps, can't get enough of the guy, but don't have this one. And I love Stamps Happen, they stamp so beautifully.
What a beautiful card you did!
Have put you in my favorites, so I can come back and visit often.

Sue Drees

Carolyn said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!

smallcity