Monday, 20 October 2008

Hey, hey my laptop's back!!!

Happy Days!!!! Thankfully my laptop just needed a new AC adapter.

Well, I thought I'd share a few simple cards with you using this tree from a Stampin up set called "Season of Joy". I don't own this set (wish I did!!) but my friend Judith kindly lent me hers.

I love lettuce ink from Adirondack and used that as my starting point and I just happened to have great green ribbon from Mayarts that worked a treat.

This first card is a 5 min card which I finished with a sparkly star, a corner rounder and a little dotty embossing using a Cuttlebug folder.


This card was inspired by a scrap of Basic Grey paper on my desk. (Mellow, I think??)
The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms (Mona Lisa Moments - Christmas expressions), inked in another fav Adirondack colour "Stream", bringing out that little blue stripe in the designer paper.

This card was also good for the Color Throwdown challenge no. 14
I know I'm a little late for this challenge but I had a good excuse with my wonky laptop!

This final one used up my last tree and remaining Basic Grey paper.
I blinged it up a little with A muse twinkle stickers on the star.


So, if you are looking for some quick Christmas ideas, why not try one of these!

I still can't quite believe that I didn't colour one thing for these cards and there isn't a copic pen in sight!!!!

16 comments:

Marlou said...

oh wow!!! Mandy these are just gorgeous!!! I love the simplicity of them all, very effective and love that tree :) hope you are well. Cant wait to get a run up to your shop :) x

Chriss Rollins said...

pleased to hear you got your puter back.
love the cards.
chriss x

Rach said...

gorgeous cards, so effective. thanks for joining in with my candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Mel said...

I've too had computer problems and just catching up on all your lovely cards, you've been very busy ~ Mel

Jean said...

Lovely cards, especially like the first one with Swiss Dots (my favourite embossing folder), it is so elegant. The others are fun and just the paper position makes them look so different.

Genevieve said...

Hi, I just found your blog, I love your cards , they are so clean, crisp and very elegant.

Mary Duffek said...

Yeah for you!!!! I am so happy you have your laptop back! Whoo Hoo!! My laptop has to be refurbished and I bought a new desktop...=)

Love your cards! Super simple and elegant!

Kristen Hermanny said...

I awarded you on my blog. I think I may have done it wrong, but I wanted you to know I love your work, and put your link on my site for an award.

Shirley said...

Amanda, these cards are just lovely and each one is so unique on its own. You have a true gift for designing!

Anesha said...

Wow your cards are just fab! Had a look at your other cards and the colouring are just wonderful.

Taniaj said...

geat cards.Love the tree colour Tx thanks for visiting Ink & Rubber challenge blog

Claire Brennan said...

These are stunning - love that lettuce green too!! By the way I tagged you on my blog - hope you don't mind.

hello gorgeous said...

gorgeous, simple and somehow colourful! love them xxxxx

hello gorgeous said...

gorgeous, simple and somehow colourful! Love them xxxxxx

Shirley said...

Your cards are just so creative and lovely. I am wanting this tree stamp in fact!

Billie said...

I love your cards, so elegant and beautifully coloured.

I have a blog award for you waiting on my blog, as a thank you for your inspiration and for sharing your ideas.

Billie :)