Monday, 10 November 2008

Did you think........

......I'd disappeared off the face of the earth??

I'm so sorry for neglecting my blog these last few weeks but I did have a lot on my plate recently.

One happy occasion we celebrated was my son Ben's 7th birthday. He's already asking "When will I be 8?"
Here he is with his cake - Disney Cars of course! He is a big Lightning McQueen fan.

And here he is with his sweet little girlfriend Ellis who isn't at all girlie (She loves dressing as a pirate!)

On the subject of Ben - he loves to create, especially painting projects. I came across great puppet kits by Crafty Kids and Ben loved the dinosaur one.

Take a look at the website to see the fantastic range of puppets on offer. I have one small comment to make and that is the paint supplied needs 3-4 coats but when I used my good acrylic paint the coverage was much better. It wouldn't put me off buying more though.

Here he is doing his prep work. I love those busy little fingers hard at work!



Ta Dah!!!! The finished article! Ben is ever so proud of his creation and this occupied him for many hours before and after the making of it.

I've been doing mainly little painting projects so I apologise to all those paper crafters who might not be interested. I'll be back soon with a couple of little name plaques I made recently.

4 comments:

Marlou said...

happy birthday to your son Ben Mandy :) love what he made!!! fabulous!! hopefully see you soon, {haven't forgotton about stamp} take care :) x

Laurie in MN said...

Happy Birthday to Ben.

I enjoyed seeing the kids having fun. My daughter once had a craft birthday party; the kids made jewelry, cards and decorated tube socks with fabric paint.

Shirley said...

Believe me when i tell you, these moments are more important than a blog! TFS How wonderful he is and how clever too!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Hey Mandy,

Just dropping in to say HEY!!! And what a cute son you have! and I love love love his creation!!! Tooo cute!